Asset tagging systems are a recent introduction to our underground surveying services, allowing for permanent identification of underground assets. The tags are ideal for sites and areas where conventional signage cannot be used. Site owners can, at a glance, identify the purpose of an inspection chamber, whether that is for BT cabling, gas and water valve work or foul and surface water sewers.
Asset tags provide a cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional identification processes such as spray-painting drains, gullies and manhole covers.
The Environment Agency state that the management of drainage systems should be one of the top ten environmental priorities for all sites. Their guidance, together with EPR permits and Environmental Management Systems all require that sewers be clearly marked or labelled.
The benefits of implementing asset tagging systems include:
- Durable design for use in high-traffic areas due to their UV and abrasion resistant coating.
- Preventing pollution at commercial and industrial sites by ensuring the correct drainage connections are used.
- Provides a fast and effective disaster recovery response in the event of a site spillage, preventing the pollution of surface water sewers.
- By preventing cable strikes, the markers will help protect employees, contractors and the wider business.
- Help comply with the CDM Regulations.
To find out more, please complete the enquiry form below to contact one of our specialist surveyors. Available across our network of UK offices, our teams of surveyors share many years experience and are in an ideal position to discuss your project in more detail and offer the best survey solution from our broad range of complementary services.