The primary role of the Survey Manager is to support the Board of Directors with the day to day
running of the regional office. As the first line of contact with clients, the manager will provide quotations, arrange site access and issue project deliverables. The manager must have professional and effective communication skills and will seek to develop their own personal profile within industry client bases. The manager will be presentable and represent the company in a professional manner, ensuring the implementation of Survey Solutions’ working practices and company values are promoted.
The post holder will be predominantly office based and may also be required to undertake operational projects, travel to other office locations, site and management meetings when required.
Main Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Responding to project enquiries and provide fee quotations to clients and following up on fee quotes.
- Managing operational resources, including the allocation of equipment, staff and vehicles.
- Scheduling commissioned projects and agreeing any access arrangements.
- Organising project files to provide site team members clear, concise instruction & briefings.
- Delegating workload and tasks to Project Coordinators to assist with the smooth running and delivery of survey projects.
- Maintaining Survey Solutions’ standards and ethos with regards to health & safety, diversity, equality, bullying, staff welfare and brand awareness, report non-compliance issues to a Director.
- Producing site specific RAMS when required using the standard company template.
- Quality assurance, issuing of projects in a timely manner whilst maintaining required accuracy and standards.
- Ensuring the monthly billing spreadsheet is accurate, includes WIP numbers, is up to date and issued to a Director at the end of each month.
- Continuous contact with other Survey Managers to communicate workload and facilitate work outside of your region.
- Interviewing prospective trainee and junior surveyor candidates using the interview template form.
- Onboarding new joiners effectively into the team and business, including completing H&S inductions and right to work checks.
- Completing team meetings to aid the Directors with the delivery of information from the board to survey teams and vice versa, and to update the survey teams on any other business.
- Attending the management exec meetings when required.
- Assisting the Director with staff disciplinary matters and investigations.
- Ensuring the office environment is kept in a safe, professional, clean & tidy condition.
Areas where the manager will be expected to seek guidance or a second opinion from other Managers/Directors:
- All quotations in excess of £25,000.
- All purchase orders raised must be authorised by a Director.
- Instrument & vehicle damage & repairs.
- Ordering/hiring of survey instruments & equipment. Excluding pegs, nails & paint.
- Reported issues or problems with projects.
- Nationwide enquiries.
- Staff disciplinary issues.
- Posting on social media.
This is a full-time role, 40 hours per week, with office hours of Monday to Friday from 8.00 – 4.30.
You can download a copy of this job description here.
To find out more or to apply for the role, please complete the form below including a copy of your CV