Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for an experienced Site Engineer to join our Site Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of site engineering projects across the UK and will be responsible for preparing the construction site ready for development. We are looking to hear from proactive Site Engineers who are keen to join a supportive team and who have previous experience in a similar role.
Survey Solutions is the UK’s largest engineering surveyors specialising in land, measured building and underground utility surveys as well as monitoring and site engineering schemes. We have a network of nine offices across the UK, with over 160 surveyors and engineers working on some of the UK’s major construction and infrastructure developments.
Key responsibilities & competencies:
- Setting out piles, foundations, building positions, grid lines, datums, drainage & road formations
- Working with site plans, drawings and building information models
- Mapping structural boundaries on the ground using pegs and markers
- Liaising with designers and engineers to ensure plans and drawings are accurate
- Overseeing quality control and monitoring health and safety
- Keeping a site diary
- Resolving technical problems
- Previous experience working as a Site Engineer (1-3 years experience)
- Competent using Leica total stations and GNSS, digital levels and site lasers
- Experience in RC frameworks and monitoring would be advantageous
- Ability to interpret detail plans
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Excellent knowledge of construction processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Confident and clear communicator – both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Professional manner with excellent client facing skills
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Full UK driving licence
- Right to work in the UK
- CSCS Card
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and wide range of employee benefits
- Company vehicle, workwear and PPE
- Access to your own equipment
- Accommodation and overnight stay allowance
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company with excellent support networks
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday. Site hours will vary so occasional overtime and weekend working plus overnight stays will be required.
To find out more or to apply for the role, please email Lauren Bailey including a copy of your CV and a note setting out why you are interested in this position. You can download a copy of this job description here.
Survey Solutions is an equal opportunities employer. If you require any reasonable adjustments for the recruitment process, please contact the above person.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
To find out more or to apply for the role, please complete the form below including a copy of your CV