We are Land Survey Solutions Ltd. (CRN: SC229680) trading as Survey Solutions.
Our registered address is Summit House, 4-5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 7BD.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we use your data?
- When you register online with Survey Solutions. When you register with us through our portal to monitor your projects or for secure file transfers via ShareFile, we collect your name, email and postal address. We collect these details in order to carry out the contract between you and us and because we need them to provide you with information about your project status or to facilitate the file transfer.
- When you interact with us at third party trade events. Where we interact with you at third party trade events we will usually collect your name, company name, telephone number and email address. We will process your personal data in this way usually where you have provided us with your consent for us to do so and have stated that you wish to receive further information about our services.
- When you apply for a job with us. When you enter into the recruitment process with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.
We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform a contract or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, email or via our website “contact us” page with general queries, we will usually collect your name and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn we will process your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- When you receive our marketing updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about.
When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, by emailing email@example.com or by logging into your account via the portal and updating your subscriptions.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Who do we share your data with?
We share your personal data with:
- Trusted third parties including sub-contractors or other service providers. We send to third parties (including architects, consulting engineers and quantity surveyors) information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address in order for them to provide services to you in line with our contract.
- Third party IT hardware and software application providers. We share your personal data with third party providers who make our website, such as our data storage, IT and customer support partners. Each of these providers are subject to data protection contracts which ensure your personal data can only be used by them in their role as a service provider to us.
- HMRC, law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies. We share your personal data to these agencies where we are required to do so to fulfil our legal obligations.
Where is my data stored?
We store your data in the United Kingdom.
We do not currently transfer any personal data outside of the EEA.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it. Your data is usually deleted after 6 years from the last date in which we interacted with you, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
Where you enter into our recruitment process and your application is unsuccessful, we will hold onto your personal data for a period of 6 months. Where you wish for us to keep you on file for future opportunities we will do so only with your consent, and this will be deleted after 6 years from the last date we interacted with you, or if you withdraw your consent, whichever is earlier.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our programmes and support other similar programmes around the world.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
Questions, comments and more detail
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org